Saturday, November 22, 2014

Be Thankful Blog Hop

Marybeth Rich of Forest of Jewels is hosting the Be Thankful Blog Hop today. Thank you, Marybeth, for such a wonderful opportunity. Since Thanksgiving is next week, this is the perfect time to think about all the things that I am so very thankful. 

I am so thankful to be alive, to enjoy the smell of fresh air, love from my family, and the use of my hands. And I am thankful for the opportunity to make jewelry and components I love, and participate in events like this today. Thank you, Marybeth!!

Marybeth sent each of the participants a package of beads, one of which was a beautiful Czech lampwork tube bead,


The component highlighted in each design is a handmade copper clasp by guest artist Cova Cobalt. She has a Facebook page, Cobalt & Copper. Cova makes some beautiful designs!!



Marybeth also sent a variety of small and large Czech glass beads, rounds small and large,  rondelles, leaves, and ovals in beautiful golds, taupe, greens, reds, and browns. I didn't get a separate picture of those gorgeous beads, but I used most of them in my design. The only thing that was required was the use of the clasp.

I really love the look of stacked bracelets, so decided to incorporate the look of stacked in a one-bracelet design. I love this bracelet, love the clasp, and have already had two offers to buy it, right off of my wrist!!! But this one is mine, all mine!!




I used some lampwork beadsfrom Star Girl Jewelry. Check out her Facebook page. The colors of her beads were perfect for the colors of the Czech beads. The rest of the beads were the czech glass that Marybeth sent in her package, with copper chain and jump rings, some with twisted wire. I only had a few Czech beads left over!


Thank you Marybeth, and thank you for stopping by. I can't wait to see what everyone else made!! Check out the following participants:

Featured Artist:  Cova Cobalt of Cobalt and Copper
Your Hostess:  Marybeth Rich of Forest of Jewels

Participants:  

Gina Hockett of Freestyle Elements
Carolyn Lawson of Carolyn's Creations 
Shaiha Williams of Shaiha's Ramblings
Lisa Knappenberger of LiRaysa Designs
Bianca Medina of Medibeads
Lee Koopman of Strega Jewellry's Blog
Mowse Doyle of Mowse Made This
Linda Anderson of From the Bead Board

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bracelet, Gina - perfect for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That is what the colors reminded me of--the changing of the leaves.and the colors of the food at Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. WOWZER....I LOVE that bracelet...gorgeous...I don't blame you at all for wanting to keep that one. It would be very hard to part with. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! I love the addition of the glass....so gorgeous!

    Linda A.
    - http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    - http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why they are trying to buy it right off your rich. It is a lush beautifyl bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina I just absolutely love your bracelet! You captured the spirit of the hop and I wish you many blessings for the upcoming season and in the new year! Thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!